Seiko Epson Corporation, best known as Epson, is a Japanese Electronics company. It is the world’s largest manufacturer of computer printers, and information and imaging-related equipment. All Epson products are designed with high technology that enables users to truly relish the products. Epson produces efficient printers amongst all other products like data and home theatre projectors, PQS printers, and large format printing solutions. The printers are multifunctional and efficient printers that are perfect for home and small office use. Epson has a range of different printers including EcoTank printers and Business Inkjet printers, all offering great performance and productivity. These printers consist of technology such as laser printing, InkJet printer, dot matrix, and more. You will find the steps on how do I get my Epson printer to print without color ink in this blog.
STEPS TO PRINT WITHOUT COLOR INK ON EPSON PRINTER
All printers require a regular change of their ink cartridges; this is because emptied cartridges can cause multiple problems for the printer as the printer could pull in the air instead of ink, which further damages the printhead nozzle. It would be best for printer owners to keep an idea of the ink level to make sure that they replace them as soon as they run out. Additionally, it is necessary to use genuine ink cartridges from a trusted supplier as ingenuine ink cartridges can be harmful to your printer. You can find the steps on how to make Epson printer print without color ink on your Windows and Mac devices below,
Windows: Print With Expended Color Cartridges
Please cancel your print job if you see a message during printing asking you to temporarily print in black ink with an expended color cartridge. Select the Settings to print on plain paper or an envelope. Please follow the steps mentioned below on your Windows devices. Before you move on to this feature, please ensure that Epson Status Monitor should be enabled.
- Click on the Stop or Cancel Print on your desktop to cancel your print job
- Load plain paper or an envelope in your Epson printer
- On your Windows device, please access the print settings in your print application and click on the main tab next
- Select the Plain Paper/Bright White Paper option or Envelope as the paper typesetting
- Choose the Black/Grayscale checkbox and then press OK
- Next, please print your document and Epson Status Monitor 3 displays a print message
- Choose Print in Black to print your document
Your document should print in black ink without color ink on your Epson printer.
Mac: Print With Expended Color Cartridges
Similar to the method for Windows devices, please cancel your print job if you see a message during printing asking you to temporarily print in black ink with an expended color cartridge. Additionally, ensure that you’re using the Epson driver for your printer. Alternatively, you can download and install the Epson drivers and Utilities Combo Package from the Downloads tab on your product’s support page. Please note that you cancel your print job and select settings to print with only black ink temporarily on plain paper or an envelope. Please follow the steps mentioned below for steps on how do I get my Epson printer to print without color ink on your Mac.
- On your Mac’s dock, locate and click on the printer icon
- If a message appears on your screen telling you that you can temporarily print with only black ink, please click on the Delete button to cancel your print job
- If you see an error message, please click on the OK
- Select System Preferences in the Apple menu or the dock
- Choose Print & Fax followed by Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners
- From the list of all associated list of products on your Mac, please select your Epson printer; please ensure that you are selecting the correct Epson printer
- Now, choose Options & Supplies from the list of options
- Next, select Driver or Options
- You should see a screen with ‘To take full advantage of your printer’s options, confirm that they are accurately shown here…’
- Please change the option next to Permit temporary black printing setting to On
- Next, select OK and close the utility window
- Please load the plain paper or an envelope in your Epson printer and access the print settings in your print application
- On the pop-up window, select Print Settings
- Select the Paper type setting as Plain Paper or Bright White Paper or Envelope
- Choose the Grayscale option and then click Print to print your document
Note that your document should now print in black and white color only, hence answering your query of how to make Epson printer print without color ink. Nevertheless, it would be best to refill your ink cartridges with genuine ink as soon as possible. Since this is a temporary method and would not be beneficial for you in long term.