Installation and Specifications of Netgear EAX20 AX1800 Extender:
People are enjoying a better performance from their home routers than ever before because to the emergence of Mesh Wi-Fi systems.
However, for many people, switching to a new Mesh system is prohibitively expensive, especially if their present router is still operational. If that’s the case, but you’d like to improve your Wi-Fi coverage, the AX1800 Range Extender might be just what you’re searching for.
Packaging of the Netgear AX1800 Wireless Extender
We hadn’t looked at range extenders in a while, so we were stunned when we opened the Netgear AX1800 Extender Setup package.
Extenders are typically compact appliances that connect into a wall outlet and have a pair of external transmitters. It does not resemble that at all. In fact, if we won’t realize what we have been looking at, we’d think we were staring at a packed router.
The AX1800 Range Extender, a US power source with an attached power cord, and a Beginner Guide Guide are all included in the box. Netgear also offers a detailed 65-page Owner’s Manual for free on their webpage.
The Beginner Guide Guide does not provide much information. It advises you to download the Netgear app from the App Store and set up the range extender according to the app’s instructions. I’ll get to that in a moment.
Specifications for the AX1800:
The Netgear AX1800 Extender weighs 1.1 lbs and is 9.5” x 6.7” x 2.5” (241.7mm x 169.5mm x 63.4mm) (504.4 g).
Six (6) LEDs on the front of the extender display the state of an Ethernet cable, a 5GHz network link, a 2.4GHz network connection, a router link connection, a WPS/Network Security condition, and the Power LED. Below the LEDs, there is also a WPS button.
The Range Extender has a Reset button, four (4) Ethernet ports, and a Power Source plug on the back.
The booster is compatible with the most recent Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) technology and can reach speeds of up to 1.2Gbps on the 5GHz band. According to Netgear, the AX1800 Range Extender surpasses 802.11ac extenders by 1.5 times. It can handle twenty (20) devices and has a coverage area of 1,500 square feet.
The AX1800 is an MU-MIMO device that can support four (4) simultaneous Wi-Fi streams, and its 1.5GHz, 64-bit dual-core processor can support 4K UHD streaming and gameplay.
Guide to configure Netgear EAX20 AX1800 using Manual Method
- Enable your Netgear AX1800 dual-band WiFi mesh extender model EAX20.
- Mount the extender near your WiFi router.
- Finally, connect the repeater to an electrical socket.
- Watch for the Power LED to become green.
- Press the Power button if the Power LED does not light up.
- Use a WiFi or Ethernet connection to connect your Netgear EAX20 WiFi range extender.
- Open a web browser on a Smartphone or pc and navigate to mywifiext.net. If mywifiext.net is not working on your devices, please contact our specialists for immediate assistance.
- The Netgear EAX20 Login screen appears.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your extender to the existing WiFi network.
- Change the location of your extender.
- If you receive no or a bad connection, move the extender closer to your router and try again until the Link Status LED goes white.
- Connect your client devices to the enhanced WiFi network once you’ve determined the ideal position for your booster.
Troubleshooting Steps | Netgear EAX20
To resolve Netgear AX1800 EAX20 extender setup issues, follow the troubleshooting steps described below:
- Inspect all wiring connections. Use any broken cable at your own risk.
- Double-check that the wall plug into which the repeater is plugged is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Reboot your wifi range extender and try to configure again.
- Use your device to connect to a high-speed internet connection.
- Ensure that the Netgear EAX20 extender is getting full power from the plug socket.
- Reset the extender’s factory default setup.
- Keep your extender away from the wall, bedroom corners, microwaves heaters, fish tanks, cellular telephone, Bluetooth devices, metal items, aluminum studs, and other similar objects.
- Upgrade the AX1800 EAX20 firmware on your booster to the most latest edition.
- During Netgear EAX20 login, only use the most recent version of your web browser.
If still you are unable to set up your wifi range extender and solve your troubleshooting steps feel free to contact our experts and they will solve your issues regarding Netgear EAX20 set up within a few minutes.